This recipe will serve four. If you want to make it for one or two, just use fewer bananas and store the left over coconut milk in the fridge for later.
Banana Towers in Coconut Sauce1 can coconut milk
2-4 bananas, depending on size
1/4 cup sugar
Nut butter *-- tahini, cashew, or other favorite (optional)
- Heat the coconut milk over medium heat.
- Add the sugar, and wisk until disolved; set aside.
- Slice each banana.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of the coconut mixture into a bowl.
- Make two "towers" of the banana slices in the pool of coconut milk.
- Squeeze 1/4 slice of lime over the whole.
- Drizzle on about a tablespoon of nut butter, if using.
- Set a slice of lime on top.
- Serve immediately.
* If your nut butter is too thick to drizzle, thin it down by blending in a little coconut milk or citrus juice. I like to use a runny tahini, myself.
Note: You are putting de lime in de coconut here. It may in fact settle an upset tummy.