The winds of November are here, and coming upon Thankgiving I am giving you a nice warming recipe for the holiday. Even Brussels Sprouts haters love this dish.
Brussels Sprout with Bacon
3 slices bacon, chopped
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 shallot, chopped
1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed, small spouts left whole, larger spouts halved
Salt and pepper, to your taste
1 cup chicken broth
1. Brown bacon in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
2.Remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
3. Add extra-virgin olive oil to the pan, 1 turn.
4. Add shallots to the pan and saute 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add Brussels spouts and coat in oil. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Cook Brussels sprouts 2 to 3 minutes to begin to soften, then add broth.
7. Bring broth to a bubble, cover and reduce heat to medium low. Cook 10 minutes, until tender.
8. Transfer sprouts to a serving dish with a slotted spoon and top with cooked bacon bits.