Here's a quick and yummy recipe for May:
These asparagus are so tasty that I have to fight not to eat them all before the platter gets to to the table!
A great side dish with meat or pasta, or serve as an appetizer (or just eat them cold out of the fridge- if you have any left over!).
Fresh asparagus, blanched (or frozen, blanched)
Beaten egg, salt/pepper
Seasoned bread crumbs
Grated or shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Blanch the asparagus lightly. Drain and let cool until they are easy to handle.
2. Dip each spear in beaten egg w/salt and pepper, let excess run off.
3. Dredge in breadcrumbs (if adding cheese, mix it w/breadcrumbs, then dredge spears).
4. Lay out on baking sheet, drizzle a bit of oil sparingly on the spears.
5. Broil (watch them closely, it only takes a minute or two).
6. Turn spears and broil until crispy.