Kristy says: This was the most pleasantly surprising dish for me! I thought I would never eat these things in a million years when I saw them raw! We first made them when we had a dinner party with our 80+ year old neighbors, their children and grandchildren. Everyone loved them and were, too, surprised that they liked them so well. They were so sweet and full of aroma and flavor. Plus, I’m guessing they were pretty healthy, too (an added bonus)! They look so pretty on a plate because they are so colorful after roasting. Enjoy!
If you can’t find all of these particular root vegetables, don’t worry, just use what you can find.
1. Preheat the to 435 degrees.
2. Cut the vegetables into relatively thick chunky sticks.
3. Coat with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Bake on a flat cookie sheet for 40 minutes.
5. Salt and pepper to taste.
-- Bill and Kristy Howard